DayLily News is a family friendly publication that strives to be a professional, accurate news source. We encourage any and all readers to comment or engage in discussion on any piece that we publish, but we’ve set up a few guidelines so that everyone can enjoy. By using this website, social media administered by DayLily News, or any other DayLily news platform, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, please do not enter the Web site. If you are not yet 18 years old, a parent or guardian may agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement on your behalf.
- Commenting to material on this website: You must provide both your first and last name, along with your email address, when commenting on our website. Your email address is always hidden from the public. We use this information to verify that your comment originates from a valid email address, not a spam generator. We do not allow anonymous comments or letters to the editor without a full name and email address.
- Our Property: By commenting on any piece we publish on DayLilyNews.com, interacting with any of our social media outlets, sending photos of any kind in any format, or speaking to any member of our staff, either in person or by phone, or by sending any written correspondence, whether email, text messaging, messages through social media accounts, or standard postal or delivery service, you are giving us consent to use that material for our own news, info, legal matters or other purposes. Any form of communication with DayLily News, one or more of its owners, staff members, or volunteers, whether verbal or written, can be considered by DayLily News as “on record.” Your comments, material, and/or photographs, whether printed or in digital format, then become property of DayLily News.
- All Parties Are Innocent Until Proven Guilty Within the Court of Law: We publish information that include arrests and court documents. We have the right to legally acquire this information. Court information is a matter of public record, which doesn’t require us to gain permission from individuals to use their names or identities. However, we do not allow further accusations, personal attacks, name calling, or profanity on this site or any other social media account or platform in which we administer.
- Minors’ Names and Identities Within Our Publication: We have the legal right to publish names and identities of minors unless the information comes from juvenile court proceedings, as per KRS 610.340. We are not required to obtain parental permission to publish the legally obtained names or identities of minors within our publication, as allowed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- Nothing Hateful or Abusive: Comments threatening, abusive, racist, obscene, sexist, or anything we feel to be inappropriate will not be published. This includes social media users that use profane or inappropriate material in profile pictures. This certainly applies to any political candidate who purchases advertising with DayLily News. We will not allow any political trolling of any candidate at any time. All candidates that purchase ads are allowed to run their ads without any negative feedback from the public. No one may use any candidate’s ad that is published on this site and/or any of our social media accounts to promote an opponent or any other point or topic not positively pertaining to the candidate. All spam comments will be deleted.
- Stay Civil: No profanity, personal attacks, name calling, or personal accusations of any kind will be tolerated. This also applies to ALL SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. Do not name specific people, groups, or organizations in a negative light. We will also not allow inaccurate or incorrect information to be published in your comment. Make your point, but please be courteous and respectful. The use of profanity when interacting with any of our social media accounts or having inappropriate material viewable in the user’s profile picture will result in your immediate blockage from our social media pages. Other non-profanity violations will result in a deletion of your comment. A second violation will result in you being blocked from our accounts. We reserve the right to delete any comment that we feel is inappropriate at any time, as well as the right to block any individual from our accounts as we feel is necessary.
- No Promotion: You may not use our comment section or our social media outlets to promote any product, service, event, etc. Any comment with any type of promotion or spam will be deleted. We do not allow the promotion of other media on any of our pages or social media accounts. We do not publish comments on our site that respond to a help wanted or similar ad unless requested by the party placing the ad.
- DayLilyNews.com is a privately-owned business.
- Our Material: You may not use our information, stories, articles, columns, ads, photographs, or any other material published on this website or social media accounts administered by DayLily News, for personal or commercial purposes in any way, shape, or form without express written consent (in physical written form or verified electronic form) from DayLily News. In the event we grant permission to use any of our material, you must include proper attribution of the material you are using. We sometimes provide digital copies of our photos for personal use when requested, most times at no charge.
- Benefit and Charity Ads: We offer discounts to local non-profits and church advertisements, and in some cases, we run free ads. We receive many requests for free ads; unfortunately, we cannot accommodate all requests. Since we have no subscription fee, we rely on advertisers and purchased ads to fund our service. Please contact us directly for questions about discounted ads. We do not share GoFundMe or other similar crowd funding-type of benefits, as we cannot verify the validity nor disbursement of raised funds.
- Letters to the Editor Policy: You may submit letters to the editor that adhere to the following: We reserve the right to edit any letter for clarity, punctuation, and grammar. You must include your full name and community when submitting. Anonymous letters will not be published, no exceptions.
We will not print material that is:
- Potentially libelous
- Libel is any unsubstantiated or untrue statement that damages someone else’s reputation. You can disagree with someone, but you can’t claim they did something damaging unless you can prove it.
- Discriminatory on any grounds
- This includes discrimination based on age, ability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or culture.
- This includes any statement that is vulgar, profane or offensive.
- This includes personal attacks, intimidation, bullying or threat of harm against a person or organization.
- Copyrighted or printed in another publication
- We assume all Letters to the Editor are original. We can’t publish a letter you’ve sent to another publication.
- You may discuss resources that have helped you, such as a non-profit resource or a book, if it responds to an issue theme or article in the DayLily News. If you’d like to promote your for-profit product, please see our advertising rates and deadlines.
- You must provide your full name and location to the DayLily News. Your name and location are printed alongside your letter.
- If your letter identifies another person, please ask for their permission before you send your letter to the DayLily News. For example, if you share a personal experience and mention a family member, please ask them if you can identify them in your letter. When you submit a letter to us, we assume that you’ve received consent from other people. We reserve the right to edit any letter to protect personal identity.
By using this site, you agree to: INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD DAYLILY NEWS ITS SPONSORS, AND ALL ADVERTISERS, PERSONNEL, STAFF MEMBERS, SOURCES, AND CONTRIBUTORS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS OR OTHER EXPENSES THAT ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR FROM (A) YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE PROVISIONS RELATING TO CONTENT SUBMITTED BY YOU, (B) YOUR VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT ABOVE, AND/OR (C) YOUR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES.
copyright 2019 DayLily News